The National Federation for the Blind is suing Target for having an inaccessible web site for blind people. This is good. If all goes well, this will lead to the private sector having to take greater responsibility for their web sites and creating them to be accessible to people with disabilities. Section 508 compliance isn’t that hard to achieve.
I posted a new gallery, January 2006, in the Ye Olde Photo Gallery.
I thought I had more…don’t know where they went.
I just learned that Dinosaur Jr is playing here at the Orange Peel April 7!!!
This is probably the biggest moment of my musical life. As I have written before, this band influenced me so much, and their 2nd album is still my favorite record of all time. Yet, I have never seen them. And they are touring with the original lineup!!!
I bought 2 tickets. Who wants to go?
My favorite registry-cleaning tool EZCleaner is no longer free. Well, you now have to subscribe to their web site to download the ‘free’ software. However, I found a couple of great utilities that easily take its place. So without further ado, here is my updated list of free Windows utilities software that everyone should use:
- CCleaner – cleans the registry, cleans up sloppy software.
- WinASO RegDefrag 2.0 – Defragments the registry, compacts it and optimizes it. Run this after running CCleaner above.
- WinPatrol – Let Scotty the watchdog monitor your system for applications trying to add themselves to your Startup. Works great.
- AVG Antivirus – Free virus protection. Smooth, lean, and mean. Not bloated and slow like Norton or McAfee.
- SpyBot Search & Destroy – Eliminate spyware.
- 7-Zip – Like Winzip, but free and without annoying registration notices.
- Foxit PDF Reader – We all know it takes Acrobat about 3 hours to launch, if it doesn’t lock up your system. Try Foxit instead.
Know of anything I missed? Leave your comments.