My favorite registry-cleaning tool EZCleaner is no longer free. Well, you now have to subscribe to their web site to download the ‘free’ software. However, I found a couple of great utilities that easily take its place. So without further ado, here is my updated list of free Windows utilities software that everyone should use:
- CCleaner – cleans the registry, cleans up sloppy software.
- WinASO RegDefrag 2.0 – Defragments the registry, compacts it and optimizes it. Run this after running CCleaner above.
- WinPatrol – Let Scotty the watchdog monitor your system for applications trying to add themselves to your Startup. Works great.
- AVG Antivirus – Free virus protection. Smooth, lean, and mean. Not bloated and slow like Norton or McAfee.
- SpyBot Search & Destroy – Eliminate spyware.
- 7-Zip – Like Winzip, but free and without annoying registration notices.
- Foxit PDF Reader – We all know it takes Acrobat about 3 hours to launch, if it doesn’t lock up your system. Try Foxit instead.
Know of anything I missed? Leave your comments.