When the first startup our businesses, we usually focus on our foundation. This can include things like the product you offer, the message you want to give to your audience and also the type of industry that you want to be a part of. There are many considerations when it comes to building a business from scratch, and you usually want to focus on these important points first.
However, once you start growing your business, you’ll realize that there are far too many ways to improve your company and you might get lost in the decision making. Do you try to expand your lineup of products, do you refine what you currently have or will you decide to branch out into other industries?
One of the most underrated ways of growing your business is to actually develop a mobile app. Mobile apps are all the rage now because more and more people are letting go of their computers and laptops in favor of tablets and smartphones. They can do all of their work on smaller devices and they’re more likely to use their phones to browse the internet and get on social media.
You can take advantage of this by making your own mobile app, but how would you approach it and does your business really need one? Let’s find out.
What Would the Goal of Your App Be?
Let’s start with the basics: what would the goal of your app be? What do you aim to accomplish with the app? If you’re not sure about your options, then here are a couple of considerations:
- Grow your business’s brand image.
- Extend your reach to customers that wouldn’t normally use your services.
- Provide an extension to existing services.
- To facilitate a loyalty scheme that promotes customer loyalty.
- To increase the number of customers you have.
- Allowing customers to engage with your business better.
- Improved connectivity between you and your clients.
- To improve the customer experience.
- Provide customers with unique offers and discounts.
These are just a few example goals of what the goal of your app would be. It’s best to take these all into consideration because the type of app you create is ultimately going to change depending on your goals. Some companies might want to focus on growing their brand image first, while others might focus on improving the customer experience.
Consider the Costs of Software Development
Now that you’ve taken a look at the common goals of a business app, let’s examine the costs involved. For starters, enterprise software development doesn’t come cheap but it does come with many advantages. You get a far more professional service than the alternatives and you can plan your app with the development team to ensure you’re getting the best features.
However, if you only need a small app then you might want to consider hiring a freelancer to do it for you. There’s no guarantee that they can help you manage it, however. Keep this in mind when planning out your software development and remember that cost is a big factor. It can sometimes be worth taking out a loan just to pay for the development of your app, but make sure you speak with your financial manager to determine the return on investment you can expect to receive.
Reasons to Have a Mobile App
Now that we’ve got a goal and we’ve considered the costs, let’s take a look at why you should be developing a mobile app for your business.
- Better Product Value – When you attach additional services and offers to every product you sell, you’re boosting the value of those products through the use of your mobile app and creating a better value prospect.
- Improve Brand Image – By having a mobile app with your business, you greatly improve your brand image and reputation. Almost every large business with a well-known name has some kind of mobile app that extends their services and assistance.
- Boosting Web Traffic – Because many mobile users also focus on using the web on their phones, you’re more likely to get increased web traffic as well.
- New Sources of Revenue – Apps can be used to secure new sources of revenue such as microtransactions. These are more common in video games and software apps, but there are many useful applications of having microtransactions.
- Social Media Integration – Social media is a brilliant platform to advertise on and having social media integration in your app makes it much easier to take advantage of.
- Listening to Customer Feedback – Using an app is a great way to listen to customer feedback. You can ask your customers questions, you can present them with surveys or you could even allow them to send feedback to you through your app.
- Improving the Overall Experience – An app can greatly enhance the overall customer experience if used correctly. For instance, a software app could be a companion to your services. If you’re a delivery service, then you could use a mobile app to track deliveries that your clients and customers have sent or are expecting to receive.
- Show Your Customers You Care – An app can do a lot if used correctly. You can show your customers that you care about their service by attaching an app to your business that allows them easier access to your products or guidance when they’re in need.
Some Final Words
Having a mobile app is a great way to grow your company. While it can get quite expensive to develop an app, it’s an expense that is worth the money thanks to all of the fantastic advantages that it offers. Whether its’ growing your customer base with an easy-to-use app or offering them additional services through the use of it, customers are usually always willing to download your app just to get some additional benefits.